Monday, May 4, 2015

An Impromptu Trip to Malacca. [02May15-03May15]


Hello! If you are in my facebook or following me on instagram, I believe you all know I went to Malacca during the weekends. It was a very last minute and unplanned trip. So basically, I don't have any itinerary or specific places for visiting. Just drive and go!


I didn't take many pictures during the trip because I'm super duper pekchek with the traffic and I have no mood to take selfies or pictures. I've been sitting in the car until my backside flat already. 

Because it was an unplanned trip, the hotels are mostly fully booked. No hotels were available for booking. So we have to rent the condo from the locals. It was cheap. RM280 a night for a 3-room condo, equivalent to SGD$104. It was the worst place I've ever slept in. I chose the master bedroom to spend my night and the toilet has no door knob, the window glass panel has gone MIA. I was shivering while bathing and I can see the cars clearly from the window of the toilet. There was no air-con in the room and I have to feed the mosquitoes throughout the whole night. I end up sleeping in the living room instead. 

Finally ended the night in the condo and I'm glad that I don't have to go back there to sleep again. So the next day, we went to have the famous Chicken Rice balls. The queue was very long and we waited for around 20 minutes to have a table. So while waiting, I went to find a chilling place for a ciggy.


Finally we had a table to settle our brunch, and we ordered 60 chicken rice balls and a whole chicken. I ate 9 chicken rice balls alone. It is just unstoppable. I kept eating the rice balls like there's always 60 of them on the plate. It's tasty. Too bad, I didn't managed to snap it down.

After we brunch, we headed down to Jonker Street. The traffic was terrible. A 10 minutes drive turned to a 2 hours drive. The volume of the cars was huge and there are a lot of traffic lights. By the time we reached Jonker Street, it was late noon already.


A cool glass bottle of Sprite makes my mood cool-ed. It's hard to find such drinks in glass bottle. So I don't wanna missed the chance of enjoying it and it just RM1.50, equivalent to SGD$0.60. So we continued the shopping and had our tea-time in Nancy Kitchen. A famous Nonya restaurant in Jonker Street. The shop was preparing to open for the evening when we reached and the queue was already kinda long. So as usual, I find a cooling spot for a ciggy.


Right after my ciggy, the restaurant has opened and we are the first few to have a table to dine. I didn't take pictures of the food too because I'm too tired already. So that's my last meal of the day. 

After Nancy Kitchen, we drove back to Singapore. We drive for 3 hours in Malacca just because of the toll. So, that's the end of my unbearable impromptu trip. Feels so terrible.

Now I'm ending this post comfortably on my bed. Feels so shiok ah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment